The Bilingual (Spanish Speaking) Visitor Experience Associate (VEA) works to ensure an outstanding experience for all guests of the Biggs Museum of American Art. As part of the Visitor Experience team, this position’s primary function is to interface with the public in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner. VEAs provide visitors with information about the museum and its services and ensure service levels are consistent throughout all touchpoints of the visitor experience.
In addition to making all guests feel welcome and valued, this position is accountable for processing admissions, event tickets, donations, and merchandise sales on a Point of Sale computer system. This role requires a strong attention to detail and exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
The VEA reports to the Head of Visitor Experience and Member Services and interacts with various levels of staff, board members, volunteers and visitors.
- Help to translate information to Spanish speaking guests.
- Deliver superior customer service serving as one of the museum’s front line ambassadors, proactively engaging with visitors and callers to build relationships for the institution
- Become proficient with Agile (Point of Sale software), including sales entry related to admissions, program and event ticket sales, donations and retail purchases
- Close and balance the daily POS account
- Attend occasional on-site Museum programs and assist with coordination; including but not limited to set-up and tear down of tables and chairs, decorating, catering support, registration table services and clean-up
- Observe and maintain awareness of potential security issues
- Other related duties as assigned
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must fluently speak and understand Spanish
- 1+ years of visitor/guest services experience and/or retail sales experience. Applicant does not need to have museum experience, but must have a desire to work in the art field with a community service-driven mindset
- Highly energetic, with a positive attitude that is driven, creative, and resourceful
- Professional and personable demeanor; ability to interact effectively and appropriately with diverse groups of colleagues and visitors
- Strong computer and Point of Sale skills are essential to being successful in this position, along with the motivation to independently troubleshoot when facing a technical issue
- Flexible, with the ability to make thoughtful, independent decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted
- Must work independently with moderate supervision
This is a part-time, 7-14 hours per week position. Each 7-hour shift includes a 30- to 60-minute unpaid lunch period. MUST BE AVALIABLE TO WORK WEEKENDS. Extra hours may be required in order to meet position requirements related to special event coverage. Actual days and hours of work will be communicated in line with the museum’s regular work scheduling practice.
PAY RATE: $13/hr.TO APPLY: