The Biggs Museum is designed for self-guided and group tours of the permanent collections and feature exhibitions. Staff-led group tours are available both in-person and virtually.
In an effort to connect with visitors and provide additional insight to the items in the collection, the Biggs has launched a series of self-guided QR code tours. Visitors can walk through the museum to discover the four color-coded ways to explore: PLAY, LEARN, CONNECT and INSPIRE. PLAY a scavenger hunt by following hints to search for artworks throughout the museum by scanning blue QR codes. LEARN about the galleries and artworks by watching short family-friendly clips when you scan the green QR codes. Build CONNECTions between artworks, artists, and styles when you scan the orange QR codes. Finally, learn what INSPIREs us by scanning the purple QR codes to hear short audio clips of the staff talking about their favorite pieces in the collection. Join us and start exploring to see what you can learn about your favorite pieces.
- Max Group Size: 30 at this time (Groups of more than 15, will need to be split into two groups for guided tours. This would require two guided tour reservations.)
- Reservations should be booked at least one week prior to your scheduled visit.
- While the museum will attempt to accommodate all drop-in tours, we cannot guarantee that enough staff will be available without a confirmed reservation.
Group Tours of 15 or more receive a $2 admission discount per person.
- General Admission: $10.00 (Group rate $8.00)
- Seniors (60+): $8.00 (Group rate $6.00)
- Members, children 18 & under, students, active military & their dependents: Free
(ID required for adult students and active duty military)
School tours, homeschool, and children’s groups: FREE
- Chaperones are free at a ratio of 1 chaperone per 5 students.
Docent-led tour: additional charge of $30/hour. During this tour a museum staff member with specialty training on our collection will guide you through the museum and and answer your questions.
Curator-led tour: additional charge of $80/hour. During this tour the Curator of Community and Academic Programs or the Curator of American Art will take you on a tour looking closely at artworks, placing the works in the historical and social context in which they were created, and discussing more advanced details, topics, and artistic qualities.
Reservations are required for in-person or virtual docent or curator led tours. Guided tours are limited to group of 15 or less. Groups of 15-30 will be split into smaller groups and two tours will need to be booked to accommodate this.
To make your reservation please email firstname.lastname@example.org or 302 674 2111 X 104.
Did you know?
The Biggs hosts a variety of pre-recorded walking tours and virtual tours on YouTube (@BiggsMuseum). If streaming services are available, we encourage visitors to check out a virtual tour while commuting to get the most from the experience.